Monday, May 18, 2009

Notes to Self

Today was beautiful and I couldn't resist the temptation of another riding adventure.  This time I was alone so it allowed me ample time to reflect and make some mental notes:
1. Doesn't matter how much you slather, potholes hurt something awful.
2. If you are taking the bike path you better have a plan of how you are getting home.
3. We live on a mountain, so regardless how gentle the hill looks, after 25 kms. it feels like Mount Royal.
4. It is definitive, my left leg is my controlling leg....why do I know this you ask???
5. Although I don't know if a tree makes a sound when it falls in the forest, I do know that if you fall and plant yourself at the corner of Greene & De Maisonneuve (in front of the terrace of Cinq Saisons) standing perfectly still at a red light, people do notice, and incidentally no one gets up to give you a hand.
So thats the review of today...25 kms roundtrip and I only fell once.  I rode from my house across De Maisonneuve to Berri, down to Old Montreal and back across the city only to be faced with the hill at Landsdowne near the end of the ride.   I can honestly say I am happy to be back in the saddle (so to speak) and look forward to making improvements across the summer. Thanks to all of you who have volunteered to join Sam's Training Team, and I look forward to spending time and countless kilometers together in the coming weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment